Wetsuit Size Chart
Here are the size charts for OSX, Osprey, Body Glove and Gul wetsuits.
Not all sizes are available in all styles, please check individual listings. Please do not use your clothes sizes to fit a wetsuit, they don't always translate.
Please Note. The sizes shown in this chart are the measurements of our suits laid flat and un-stretched. Wetsuits do need to be quite a close fit to work well but not so tight that they restrict movement too much. It is always going to be difficult to get one to your exact measurements but these suits are well tailored and offer a good fit on a huge range of builds. We always say there is about a 10% stretch in the suit sizes also. So if your chest is 44" measured (not jacket size) then a 42" suit will probably be fine.
It is important not to just go off the age guides as children can vary massively, if anything we are finding that the suits are quite small for the stated age but using the measurements is by far the best way to save time and money by getting it right first time.
Height of person is the first place to start but the measurements given are a rough range and depending on your build, the suit either side can sometimes be a better fit.
1. Chest measurement is the suit laid flat measured across where shown then doubled, so take the tape all the way round your chest at the widest point. Remember there is a bit of stretch here.
2. Neck to crotch measurements are quite important, you can live with short or long arms and legs but try not to go more than 10cm either way on this measurement. Remember this is the suit measurement so you have to imagine where that will sit on your body.
3. Inside leg is again the measurement of the suit, which can be worn above the ankle or even turned up if too long. The ideal size would just cover the ankle
4. Inside Arm is again the measurement of the suit, which can be worn above the wrist or even turned up if too long. The ideal size would just cover the wrist
5. Waist measurement is the suit laid flat measured across where shown then doubled, so take the tape all the way round your waist about 10cm above the top of your hip bone.
We do hope that this information will help you make the correct choice of wetsuit size.
If you are in any doubt, please do give us a call during normal office hours on 01872 888132 or send an email email@example.com